Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Perfect Attendance

It happened not long after I was promoted to supervisory position. We have this malingerer employee who habitually leaves his post and asked other staff to take a look at his assigned duty. He was notorious for being shrewd and would not let an opportunity pass without taking advantage. My predecessors were apparently easy on him since he regularly join the group in their After Six extra-curricular activities. Early morning, he would take a break to have his breakfast at the canteen. Next, he’ll go out to ask for medicine at Medical. Not long after he returned, he’ll leave again to go to Benefits to have his request for trip ticket processed. One time, a representative from Airport Services came and asked for volunteers who will assist their regular staffs at the airport during the coming peak season, i.e. before Christmas and after New year. Overtime duty were privileges of those who have people skills in passengers handling. This requires direct contact with customers. If you don’t have these qualities, you’re not supposed to be there since you’ll be antagonizing customers rather than gaining their patronage and good will. When the list of those who will be given assignment was faxed to us confirming their participation in that special project, he was not among those included. Only those recommended were confirmed. He was fuming mad why he was not among them. Asking me why he was not included, I asked him in return, “Did you submit your name as one of those willing to volunteer for that special project?”, he said “None.”. Instead, he tried to make it appear I failed to do a job I was supposed to do. I simply said, “ I will endorse people I knew will be an asset to a team, not a liability. I can’t endorse people who’re pain in the ass. Recommendations and Endorsement carries with it a high degree of responsibility. I’m not willing to stake it in him.” Waiting for his official complain challenging my judgment call, until now it never came.

2 comments:

Francesca said...

ok yan, layas pala siya eh.
He deserves what he deserves, hehe.

Why ba he is still employed, he is a joke to the company...

Sa France yan, may letter of resignation requested ASAP na siya.

Unknown said...

thanks sa pagdalaw mo sa site ko bro, andun ka na sa links